Friday, February 26, 2010

 

Will the Daemon come to see the light of day at the big screen?


Just Finished the book: Daemon by Daniel Suarez (aka Leinad Zeraus).

What can I say, It's one of the best Computer Technology novels that I have ever read. Actually, it was an audiobook.

(spoiler alert) Distributed AI, botnets, global reliance on technology, darknets, etc. If you're interested in those things then this is for you. And oh, did I mention MMORPGs?? (end spoiler alert)

They should Better hurry up if they're gonna make it into a film because there are stuffs in there that gets old, fast.

The ending kinda left me hanging but,...well I won't mention anymore spoilers here Ü

Another Book which I read and waiting for the 'Big Screen' adaptation is Digital Fortress, the first released novel by Dan Brown (1998). I have seen the teasers years ago.

When converting it into film, what always comes to mind is how are they going to visualize TRANSLTR, NSA's 3,000,000 processor codebreaking supercomputer (that's 3 million CPUs....in parallel!)

The first thing that jumps into my mind is the one from Eagle Eye's (starring shia LaBeouf) supercomputer hardware environment (ARIIA - autonomous reconnaissance intellugence integration analyst).

Now it got me thinking w/c book i liked better.....I'd say I will know it when I finish the second installment of Daemon, "Freedom"..........

BTW, Daemon is "condensed from Disk and Execution Monitor" w/c in MS Windows terms are simply 'Services' and is pronounced 'Demon'.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?