Tuesday, April 05, 2005

 

(non-tech blog): Never-ending Oil price hikes!

Haaay, another one of those days.....I don't know why, but I always get the brunt of these gas price increases. whenever I get a chance to fill-up,...right after fuel prices has gone up.

I remember one time, we checked the prices, drove in, and after driving out the price has already changed and after looking at the receipt we were indeed charged with the new price. This happened to me twice. The first one was months ago and the other on the first week of the outrageous weekly price hikes. (yeah-yeah, I don't read the news often enough)

And just the other day, we drove-in on one of the lanes, were asked to transfer to a new lane because that one was already being calibrated for the new price (daw), so of course we quickly transferred to the next lane but this guy who has just finished filling up, jumped outside his vehicle and started talking on his cellphone. (grrrr!) Assessing that taking time to request the guy to move the hell outta there would consume more time, I just decided to go the other lane. After that, when the nozzle was about to be inserted on my gas tank, tick!... the price per liter on the lcd just changed. Well, I argued that I was there before their supposed time of price adjustment and was just asked to transfer, but they said the prices on the pumps were automatic. (more grrrrrrrr!)


I knew it! they made it look like they were doing us a favor by gradually increasing prices by the week. But on the contrary, it was their sneaky way of getting away with pumping up oil prices even more!! Imagine if they didn't do it weekly, could they have jacked-up the prices upto around 3.50 pesos? I don't think so!!! They know the consumers will not stand for it. (Kelan ba matatapos itooo!!!)

(...More tech blogging on my next posts...) :)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?