Wednesday, March 23, 2005

 

(non-tech blog): The Republic of Makati

I just wanna vent out my frustration against color coding in Makati... I didn't have the time to look for a number to call to verify if the color coding will be suspended in makati yesterday. So this morning, my ears were tuned in to the news (at the same time textng everyone I know who works at Makati) while making my usual hurried morning rituals. (where's that MMDA hotline when you need it)
Then I heard one reporter asking a motorist where was he going today and he said "sa Makati po", then the reporter replied "oh, lifted nga pala coding sa makati". So I said to myself "I'm not commuting after all today".

On the way, I tuned into the AM radio just to make sure and not only that, we asked 3 MMDA traffic enforcers if indeed color coding was lifted in makati. They all said the same thing "wala, lifted ho ang color coding sa Makati" (ang kulit ko din ano?).
After that, when I was about to enter Makati via C-5 (I opted to pass under the c-5 flyover), congressman Ted Failon (on his morning radio show w/ Korina sanchez) announced that "Color coding is lifted on all MMDA areas,.....except the Republic of Makati". Dang! so buti me malapit na malilikuan pa ako pabalik to go to Shangri-La to park and take the MRT....grrr! It instantly reminded me of the Traffic scheme MMDA put along Kalayaan & C-5 intersection and just when everyone has gotten used to it (and it works by the way!), one day all the road blocks were removed and it was all back to the same ol' c-5/kalayaan intersection! (I heard it was ordered to be removed by Makati's mayor).

Oh well, but one time I got away with getting my ride inside makati while it was my color coding day due to a typhoon...hehe (well, maybe not just one time....haha)

Comments:
Binay's no mayor. He is president.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?